Comments & Complaints
We make every effort to give the best service possible to everyone who attends our practice.
However, we are aware that things can go wrong resulting in a patient feeling that they have a genuine cause for complaint. If this is so, we would wish for the matter to be settled as quickly, and as amicably, as possible.
To pursue a complaint please contact the practice manager and she will deal with your concerns appropriately. Further written information is available on the complaints procedure from reception.
What we shall do
- We shall acknowledge your complaint within 2 working days
- We aim to have an early resolution of your complaint within 5 working days.
- If we need to investigate your complaint further we aim to provide a definitive response within 20 working days following a thorough investigation of the points raised.
In investigating your complaint we aim to:
- Find out what happened and what went wrong.
- Enable you to discuss the problem with those concerned. Ensure you receive an apology where this is appropriate.
- Identify what we can do to make sure the problem does not happen again.
We are continually striving to improve our service. Any helpful suggestions would be much appreciated and a suggestion box is located in the waiting area.
Complaining on behalf of someone
If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, please be aware that this Practice is bound by strict rules of medical confidentiality and we cannot divulge a patient's medical history unless we have their permission to do so. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we have to know that you have permission to do so. A note signed by the person concerned will be needed, unless they are incapable (because of illness) of providing this. A form for this purpose is available at the practice upon request.
How can you help us avoid problems? The majority of problems arising between the primary health care team and patients are ones of communication. You can help us avoid these in a number of ways.
Please help us to help you
- If you feel unhappy about anything please say so at the time. We will not take offence and will be happy to try and put matters right immediately.
- If you are unsure about any information given to please ask for it to be repeated or written down.
- If you feel that a member of staff has not dealt with your problems adequately please ask to speak to the Practice Manager.
- Be prepared to give some clinical details if asking for an urgent appointment or call. The receptionist will be able to help you better if they understand your situation.
- If you have worries about clinical problems please ask to speak to a doctor.